BAL-AMi Miscellaneous Literature
The BAL-AMi "Flying Showroom"
- Photo courtesy of Mark Hall
|This aircraft, Miles Marathon
M60 HPR 128 G-AMGX, was used by Balfour Engineering between May 1955
and August 1956 as a flying showroom for BAL-AMi jukeboxes. The
aircraft was one of 42 of this particular model built at Reading
aerodrome between 1945 and 1947. It was eventually scrapped in 1962
at Southend airport, its Certificate of Airworthiness having expired
in August 1956.
The photo below (kindly
supplied by Iain MacKay) shows its sad demise, ready for
Here is the plane's registration history, showing
that Balfour owned the aircraft from 1955 until its demise in 1962.
Thanks to Mark Hall for sourcing this.